HOW DO I SET IT UP ZOOM?
We are currently using an application called Zoom to meet in these groups.
Here’s how to get Zoom on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone …
We encourage everyone to download the Zoom APP (phone or tablet) or set it up on your computer before trying to connect to a meeting.
Getting Started on a smartphone or table:
Download the Zoom APP either on Google play for Android devices, or the Apple Play Store for iOS devices.
Getting Started on a computer:
· To download and install the Zoom Application on a desktop or laptop click the following link: https://zoom.us/download. From the Download Center, click on the Download button under the heading, “Zoom Client For Meetings.” This application will automatically download when you start your first Zoom Meeting.
· You will receive a link VIA text or email from your Life Group leader to join the virtual Life Group.
· Once you’ve downloaded the APP, click on the link that was sent to you in your text or email to join the meeting.
· You may enter the group prior to the start of the meeting. You will be placed into a waiting room until the leader signs on.
· Once the Group ends you will want to press “leave meeting” or “leave” to end the call.
Key information for during a meeting:
· If your video and/or audio is off you can select the video camera or mic icon at the bottom. Make sure that these icons do NOT have a red line
· By tapping the screen on your phone or tablet, you can access different icons such as mute, stop video, see other participants and more. For
laptops and desktops these icons will remain on the screen during the call.
· To end the call simply tap the screen and select “Leave.”
Instructions for Leaders:
· Ensure that each person in your group has installed the Zoom APP on their device prior to meeting.
· The group meeting will not begin until you, the Host, has signed into the meeting. If your group signs in before you do they will be placed into a
waiting room and will automatically join the group once you’re on.
· We are limited to the number of groups that can meet at a time. So we ask that you limit your meeting to an hour and half.
· We will have discussion outlines and sermon-related questions for you to follow to ensure that your time together is effective and fruitful.
Zoom Support Video Tutorials